Satron VCT Consistency Meter
Satron VCT Next Generation Optical Consistency Transmitter
SATRON VCT utilizes the latest optical consistency transmitter technology to make a consistency measurement. VCT is can be used in most pulps and measures in consistency range of 0...7%. Typical applications include input to screens and washers, outlet from HD towers, HW and SW Chests, screen rejects and many others. The Satron VCT can provide an accurate and reliable consistency measurement without need for regular maintenance. The VCT is not affected by changes in process conditions such as flow rate, pressure, and temperature. The sensor can be installed just after the pump flange and can be removed and installed without shutting down the process line.
Now a cost effective option to rotary or blade transmitters.
The Satron VCT transmitters remote display unit can be installed up to 35ft away from the sensing unit. The Display Unit has connections for 3 binary inputs, 3 relay outputs and 2 analog milliamp outputs. All connections can be used simultaneously. The intuitive menu driven programing is simple to setup, calibrate and use for troubleshooting.
The Satron VCT is reliable and has been proven by many successful installations. Depend on the VCT.
Satron VCT Optical Consistency Transmitter Features:
- 4-20mA two wire connection
- No moving parts, No regular maintenance
- Excellent Repeatability, Linearity and Resolution
- Single point calibration
- Immune to changes in process conditions: Flow
- Excellent Repeatability, Linearity and Resolution rate, pressure, temperature, turbulence
- Single point calibration
- Internal Memory for Analysis is included.
- HART Protocol interface included included.
- Industry standard to calibrate transmitter
- VCT Diagnostics are included.
- Zero and Span Adjustments
- Calibration of the VCT is quite simple. The user selects the recipe, range and the calibration sample in use. The unit is already calibrated for zero water. Samples are taken and the values input to the software. The VCT calibrates the slope and zero settings for transmitter according to the sample information and the recipe. This calibration can be accomplished by using the display unit.
- High Reliability, Easy Maintenance:
- No moving parts, like bearings, and proper installation will assure the user that the VCT is performs well and requires little maintenance.
- Easy Operation:
- Setting the measurement range and calibrating the VCT are simple to perform through the Display unit while viewing the LCD display.
- Application Specific
- Temperature Limits:
- Ambient: -30 to +80 °C
- 2 current outputs for Cs: 3-wire (3W), 4-20 mA
- Application Details:
- The Satron VCT transmitters will meet your expectations for accuracy and reliability in a mill process environment. The unique measuring probe design of the VCT combined with the latest high end electro-optical components ensures that the signal-to-noise ratio can be kept very high at all times. This assures application performance where others may fail. The high signal-to-noise ratio gives the transmitter the ability to produce results that are independent of process variables (process pressure, air, flow rate, color, brightness, conductivity) and the ability to not allow ash fluctuations to affect its performance.
Washer Feed Consistency After Delignification
The use of the VCT is a best choice because:
- A rotary requires maintenance and recalibration.
- Cost to install is significantly less with the VCT.
- VCT can be removed from the process without shut-down.
- VCT measures in turbulent flow and can mount right after the pump.
- Control loop response is best when the measurement is close to the pump.
- The PC connection is used to perform analysis and set up tasks with a laptop.